The Coconut Pilot


I'm afraid to climb that high without support from any rope. When I was a child, I climbed half this coconut's height once at my grandfather backyard and once i reached the top, i had difficulty going down. My whole body was trembling with so much fear. Thinking of all the negative things that might happen should my hands let go of the tree, I just stayed on top and hugged the tree with everything ounce of strength I had. Eventually, I got down but with many scratches in my hands and feet. I find it easier to go up than to go down

I'm so fascinated with people who can climb such heights with little of no fear at all. Someone like the Frenchman dubbed as "Spider-Man". He could climb the tallest structures on this planet without any support and I'm very intrigued on how he could scale such height.

The picture above is what we funny called as the "Coconut Pilot". They climb day in and day out for the coconut either to get the sap, to be used for liquor, or cut down the nuts for copra. This was taken in one of the areas we get young fresh coconuts for export somewhere in Calinan, Davao City.

Comments

Popular Posts