To Change, To be Happy

"Being Happy!" is the title of the book I'm currently reading. Just bought it a few days ago. I came across this book while surfing the internet and read the Happiness in a Nutshell series by Andrew Matthews. It gives advices that doesn't need to be deciphered. It's just plain, unadulterated advices that came in 2-3 short sentences. Reading those articles gave me insights on living life simply and happily.

Those advices are a delight to my ever-wondering mind. I have always prided myself in understanding or at least try to decipher some of the more challenging books and movies I have encountered. If at that point I still haven't understood the subject, I will do my research in order for me to get a hint of what it is all about. Frankly speaking, my knack for understanding is training my mind. I would burden myself with thoughts that are not are way beyond what I am trying to understand. Coming to a point in my life that I would try to predict every outcome of my actions. Never becoming spontaneous in my activities. Each act is thought out over and over again that oftentimes it brought me much pain because being a pessimist, my assumptions would always lead to heartache and/or failure before it even happened. My only consolation is that sometimes, I will still do what I already assumed is a failure. I will challenge my own assumptions and try to prove them wrong. But more often than not, I find it hard to prove my assumptions wrong. In a nutshell, I was living in the past and the future but not the present and, also, complicating the simple.

Still I have most of those qualities but I'm still struggling to change that attitude towards all that is yet to come. And using that quality of mine, I can see that I can be happy living like that. First, I must recognize that I need to change for the better. I know that this would be a struggle for me and admitting that is even harder. After reading a few pages of the book "Being Happy!", I've learned a few tips already that could somehow help me deal with myself.

That remind me of the the lines from the song Constant Change by Jose Mari Chan,

"Why couldn't we keep time from movin' on?
Hold on to all the years before this moment's gone?
Why must we live the days at such a frightening pace?

'Cause life's a constant change."

I too have to change and it's never too late to start.

Comments

Jan Paul said…
change is inevitable, so we really have to embrace it...
Brenda B said…
To change, to be happy! Yea, to change, to be happy indeed!

Popular Posts