Direction


This way / That way. So many directions to consider. In some cases, the direction is clear on where we should go. It is the proper route to follow but sometimes we don't choose that path. Instead we deviate from it. With full knowledge that it could end up badly for us.

Why do we do that? Why do we make life more complicated that it is?

On experience, I have done things knowing that the outcome is negative. And i did it to try to prove that I can change the already predicted outcome. Futile in my attempts, most of the time. I have discovered that I cannot dictate the outcome of my actions. All i can do is act what I wanted to do and wait for the results. I can only do my share and let the other decide their response.

I have known of a person who who has all the choices in front of them and not choose from them. Instead, choose something that is not one of the choices presented. It is as if they want to complicate their lives. Trying so hard to become different from what they are. Worrying about the past and fearing the future and acting as if they are just enjoying the present.

It reminds me of how a person described what life is. He compared it to a card game of which we are dealt with different hands. It is up to us to get to our goal using the cards that we have. We cannot substitute our cards for another. So, accept the cards you dealt with and move on from there.

Comments

karmi said…
Sometimes the scent of adventure drives us on. Perhaps that's the reason why some of us deviate. Also, it feels good to test one's limits. I think if you can handle it, it's better to be wild.

Popular Posts