Pink Hidden in the Midst of Greens

In the course of our life, we experience some painful events. Sad experiences that continue to linger in our mind even when we don't want to think about them. Oftentimes, we let our past get the best of us. I makes us afraid to tackle something that is similar to our previous experiences because we don't want to face those sad memories again. It makes us hesitant. It makes us fearful. Afraid to try again for fear of failure. A failure that is not easy to bear even if time has passed.

Living like this would make us live our lives in haste. Just trying to live life a day at a time, just trying to get by. We tend to forget to notice something different, something unique, something that would make us happy because we are living life hurriedly. Too fast that we see things in a blur.

I have lived such a life.

I want to stop and take look at my surroundings.

Maybe out there somewhere, there is something for me.

Just like the pink flower in the midst of green leaves. Only when we take a closer look at life do we find what we are looking for. Take time to smell the flowers. You can't take back what you've missed.

Comments

es said…
nice thoughts and i agree.

good capture!
Angie R said…
Yes indeed! Sometimes we have to let go of our past and start to live our lives at a slower pace. While living lives in the fast lane, somehow there were times - loved ones ignored, insults traded, feelings hurt...this is a time for healing and moving on while taking time to absorb the beauty that life offers us. It could be the scent of freshly cut green grass, it could be the scene of the first wave that hits the seashore, it could be the scent of the latest Cerrutti Eau de Toilette.....take your pick! :-) Angie
Anonymous said…
Tiny Light Holes of Bitterness

I made it a habit to meditate over am awkward experience for my mind to mask over it as some sort of healing; Often I see it as a denial over a reality of pain but is out-weighted by seeing positive things on over all perspective. I find my prayers often granted; only, perhaps God does not wanted me to forget the lessons of the past, that is why tiny light moles are left open for me to still see things through.

Thanks for visiting my blog site. :D
MaxiVelasco said…
i love your photo. it's simple but so meaningful. it's like saying that even if we are surrounded by difficulties, there is still hope somewhere in our hearts which keeps us going.

thanks for the share.

have a great day friend!
ChinkyGirLMeL said…
I love this post. I agree with what you had written.
Lin said…
Yeah. You got it now. My theory is to enjoy the little stuff because if you wait for the big stuff, you'll be waiting a long, long time. I'm so with you on this post!!
me said…
I agree with you on that..Been there done that..

Popular Posts