BOOK: Tao of Pooh & Te of Piglet

“Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully. 
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever." 
"And he has Brain." 
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain." 
There was a long silence. 
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything.”

Tao of Pooh was the first book I bought when I started college. I was always intrigued with the Chinese philosophy of "Taoism", and with the combination of Pooh in it made me want to buy it. The book was written beautifully and in a simple manner. Explaining the "way" by way of pooh and his actions. In this book, I encountered how complicated a simple subject would be and how easy a complicated subject be understood. This book makes you think and helps you formulate a path that you follow as a guiding principle of life. I learned a lot from this book and still keep some of its teaching with me until this day.

Te of Piglet is the sequel of the first book. I think I have to revisit it again one of these days to refresh my memories because the ideas that were embedded in my mind are those of Tao of Pooh.

Both books are written by Benjamin Hoff.

Comments

Popular Posts