MOVIE: Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary (2010)

"Stars in your multitudes, Scarce to be counted, Filling the darkness with order and light."
"This rain will wash away what's past."
"I'm a man no worse than any man."
"Will the world remember you when you fall?"

"God on High, hear my prayer. In my need, you have always be there."

Some of the memorable lyrics to songs in this beautiful musical. My father was the first person to introduce me to musicals. One of the first musicals he introduced to me by means of audio recording was "Les Miserables", and I have loved it ever since. The songs are emotional and it still gets me until now. This concert was filmed during the 25th anniversary of the musical at the O2 arena in London. A bonus for us Filipinos is that our very own Lea Salonga is cast as Cosette and she's wonderful at it. The show ended with the presence of the original 1985 London Cast which includes Colm Wilkinson (the best Jean Valjean ever) and Micheal Ball.


However, the best concert of the video I have seen of this musical was the Les Miserables: the Dream Cast in Concert which was filmed at The Royal Albert in 1995. Such amazing cast. The best ever. Handpicked by Cameron Mackintosh. In this one, our very own Lea Salonga was cast as Eponine.
Get yourself the chance to view this masterpiece with subjects still relevant until now.

Comments

Popular Posts