BOOK: The Missing Piece

It was missing a piece.
And It was not happy.
So it set off in search
of its missing piece
And as it rolled
it sang this song -
Oh I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
Hi-dee-ho, here I go,
Lookin' for my missin' piece

After more than 5 years of looking and almost 2 months of waiting, it's finally here. It arrived yesterday and I got it only today. I'm glad that I already found The Missing Piece.

Originally written by Shel Silverstein in 1976, I came upon this book after it was made a reference by one of my favorite authors, Harold S. Kushner in one of his articles. I was touched by the article and I first read the book in the internet. Reading it was not enough, I had to have a copy of the book. It's one of the simplest but thought-provoking books that I ever came across. It appeals to all because even a child can read and understand this book. I won't bother you with a summary because it is best read by oneself. It only takes about 5 minutes to read this book, but it can also change your outlook in life.


I recommend this book for everyone. To those who haven't read this, find it. It's a literary treasure to behold.

Now, I'm waiting for the arrival of my order to sequel of this book. In a month or two, it will come.

Comments

Popular Posts