Somber Mood

It's hard to pinpoint the simple pleasures right now because most of us are in a somber mood. Varied range of emotions abound including anger, despair, uncertainty, fear, doubt, and displeasure. A lot of which is pointing blame. These emotions all end up in sadness.

There's a lot of speculation going around mostly on the negative side. For some, it's the end of "their world". However, I try my best to give hope to those who will listen. We are affected by this event but this is not the end and life goes on. Be prepared for any eventuality.

Oftentimes, I try to limit giving my opinion because oftentimes it is not what most people want to hear. I respect the people who mourn and give them space. These are not the times to given them any motivation. These are the times that they have to release what they felt. These are the times when they need an ear to anyone who will listen.

I give my opinion to the few people who ask. To a limited few, it serves as a validation to what they are thinking. There are people who's afraid to air their opinion for fear of being branded as something they are not.

I too am sad. It is the end of an "era". However, I have no choice but to find something that will serve as my lighthouse. A light to guide me because I have to think beyond the present situation and look forward to the future.

Comments

Popular Posts